Just back from my treatment at Dr. Pastore's. The Rituxan drip went well, no adverse reactions and my body tolerated it. I have the same side effects thus far as I have from any other Rituxan drip so no reason to think this one will be any different, I'll be wiped out for a few, shakey, racy heart & hot core temp... then within a few days I should be feeling a little stronger and better.
The not so great news is that my platelets fell from 250 last Thursday to 150 today. And while 150 is still within the generally safe range, its also not very far from 100... anything below which is sent to the hospital. I think I had hoped in my mind that I was a little bit safer than I found out my reality is today. I was very nervous about this Rituxan drug, but then began to have some solid faith that it would work - despite all the icky things I had to experience while taking it- I thought it would work and be worth it, starting to see thats not a smart thing to do with any of these treatments.
Well, the only thing to do is wait. They are watching me very closely, so Thursday I'll come in for another test and if the platelets dropped too far I'll be sent to the hospital to start all over, if they look good then we'll decide if there is more Rituxan or if I will just taper to the Prednisone and hope my body takes over slowly on its own. So Thursday it is! I'll let you know then :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there, Laur! :) My thoughts and prayers are always with you, with a cherry on top!
Luv you...xoxo
Dubes
Lauren,
Thinking of you!!!! I can't tell you when TTP will stop in your body...I can tell you it WILL....P is for patience....I hated when my doc said that to me so I feel bad that I just wrote it but I am not backspacing to delete it!! Please don't regret your decision to use Rituxan...you may need more...some TTPer's use 8 treatments....I had 5 months of pheresis before they decided to use it on me so my body was washed out ....it's so hard....I know it is....and I wish I had something to make it better for you...I really do....
Megan
xoxo
Lauren,
Keep on trucking through this. You will get through it and I am rooting for your skinny long little body to adjust and stabilize. Don't get discouraged. I love you mucho. Keep writing.
Let me know if you want some anita molina self entertainment ideas. Primo.
Kisses and LOTS OF LOVE.
-A
Post a Comment