Friday, February 20, 2009

Platelets are up from 176 to 208!! Wohoo!!! Go Platelets Go!!

I am so excited! Thats a nice steady little increase, that means my body is slowly working its way along and not attacking itself again, for now. AND it means i will be home while Mom is visiting and able to spend some quality time together :) Yay!

Next test is Tuesday morning. They want me to stay at 25mg Prednisone till then, and the plan is to slowly slowly taper it down about 5mg per week from now on. As long as I don't crash anytime during the taper I could be medication free by the end of March! I'm already feeling much better this week compared to last, my strength is gaining, I'm not dropping weight anymore, sleeping about 5-6 hours each night (in shifts... for those of you who still get my 4am insomnia emails:) ) the ache in my muscles has decreased and my joints only hurt sometimes now, my shaking has reduced and my head feels a little less static. Still can't taste anything :( BUT my platelets didn't crash and thats more important than Buttercream Frosting :) I'll let you all know what happens Tuesday! xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Platelets!!! (I'm doing a little dance with Gretchen for you!)

brenda last said...

Excellent news! So happy to hear your mother is with you and AT HOME!

Sending good thoughts your way.

anna